Saturday, September 27, 2014

gracious me

gracious me
what do i see

iss that you there
beneath the tree

all fresh and clean
and wide awake

could this be true
for heavens sake

a gift so pure and innocent
can only be a present sent

from life itself and i can see
the gift appears to be for me

for this day my heart did wait
and by my clock  -  you seem quite late

but all is well now that you're here
and i will always love you dear

for in the winds of time we've flown
and through all time your love i've known

fresh and true we rise again
to share ourselves once more with men

for they have been quite sad of late
all sick and tired and full of hate

in large numbers they do kill
at times it seems just for the thrill

but we will show them  -  you and me
there's more to life  -  as you shall see

for love like ours was ment to be
and love's the gift that sets man free

No comments:

Post a Comment

say what you have to say