Monday, July 28, 2014

something my father said to me

my father didn't say much to me

mostly he let me be me


one day he was home

which didn't happen all that often

he mostly worked

seven twelve hour days


i poped off to my mother that day

used a sarcastic tone of voice

nothing real bad


but he took the time to say

"come here boy"

and we went into another room


what he said to me was

"if you don't respect that woman

because she's your mother  -

that's my wife  -

and i don't want you talking

to her that way"


and i haven't forgot what he said

to this day


was inclined to say those words

to a friend today

in a little different way


but i didn't

until now


don't much think he deserves

a personal delivery


but i like him

No comments:

Post a Comment

say what you have to say