Sunday, July 13, 2014

government

never had much interest in government

mostly it took some of my money

without asking


once i was drafted into the army

without asking


the government does what governments do


i just be me

and get by as i can


as of this moment

am still here


and have no idea

what all this means


some of us are

creatures of excess


some of us are

creatures of limited excess


which seems to be a clue

to me


sharing may be the answer

to our problem


our stuff is of limited value


our self is all we actually have


or more likely

our self has us


facing our self

seems the only valid option

to me


i still take this human situation

i am currently experiencing

as the only valid option

if i am going to be me

which i seem to be

to me


sometimes i drink beer

and be silly

No comments:

Post a Comment

say what you have to say