Wednesday, March 15, 2017

there was a time

there was a time i thought love dead
ghosts and goblins filled my head
life was very bleak and old
all the fires of youth grown cold

then one night as i lay sleeping
a vision to my soul came creeping
and a voice so soft and clear
began to speak inside my ear

you yourself cause all this pain
gloom and doom the fall like rain
it's your reactions drag you down
and twist your heart into a frown

judge not my son all that you see
you must leave that up to me
rejecting life is not the way
on others all the blame to lay

all are free  -  i made them so
it's not your place to judge this show
you think too much and that's not good
it fills the mind with old dead wood

why not give yourself a break
give truth a chance for heavens sake
an open heart and mind that's clear
will find that love is always near

No comments:

Post a Comment

say what you have to say