Tuesday, December 16, 2014

the man was lost

the man was lost and almost broken
when from within these words were spoken
rise up my son  -  for i am with you
you feel alone but that is not true

i'm the life that fills your heart
i've been with you from the start
you've let ideas fill your head
not listened to a word i've said

for i am all and know you well
you turned away  -  that's why you fell
i will guide you through this life
in this time of so much strife

my life is the life of all
i'm the source of great and small
but most today don't hear my voice
and each is free to make his choice

yet blessing life is all i do
my love is boundless  -  ever true
this gift is all i ever share
my blessings put an end to care

but love's a gift  -  i do not force
all are free to choose  -  of course
man receives what he does give
try loving all  -  like me  -  and live

No comments:

Post a Comment

say what you have to say