Tuesday, July 30, 2013

who do you think you are

i for one don't know who i am

and a lot of people i see

look like liars to me


my family used to play a card game

they called it indian

i don't know why

every one got one card face down

the game was to put your card face up on your forhead

without looking at the card

then every one bet on being high or low

each can see the others card

but not their own card


most people today appear to be guessing and hoping to me

acting like they know some thing

and sometimes selling me their idea

at least trying to


this looks like a lost world to me

and i fit right in


a long time ago i asked my father a question

he is gone from us now

the question was

what is going on here and what should i do

his response to me was

your going to have to work that out for your self boy


he did not know what i should do

and he did not lie


and i am still boy

but i have a lot of mileage on me

and i am still here

pretty much

in some sort of way

here in a world where i can be arrested

for peeing in my own yard


no one is arresting the cats that crap in our flower bed

but i annoy them as i can

am not interested in making that fun for them

No comments:

Post a Comment

say what you have to say