Sunday, September 16, 2012

the lucky strike man

that would be me

have smoked lucky strikes for many years now


there are those

who have told me

that lucky strikes cause cancer


and i have told them

that the fear of cancer causes cancer


and wondered why they promoted that crap


that was before i researched where i had been being


being young and dumb was where i was born

and mostly i don't mind


and i don't mind saying

being afraid of cancer causes cancer

and that fear is being cultivated in our time

by the little pricks that would rule us


am no fan of being ruled

but don't expect to win the next election


which is all about

who will rule us for the next four years


i am no fan of rules


and knowing my wife has made me a little nicer

than i actually am

she is a kinder part of me

than i had seen before


as was my other friend                                  

No comments:

Post a Comment

say what you have to say